Thank you for attending a Save for College Program virtual workshop!
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Thank you for joining a Choose the Right College & Career Savings Account workshop! A savings account is a powerful tool for you, your family, and your friends to contribute to your child’s future.
Here are the next steps you can take with the Save for College Program:
1. Activate & view your child’s NYC Scholarship Account (Building Block 1)
If you haven’t done so already, activate your child’s NYC Scholarship Account to earn a $25 reward:
- Visit our website: nyckidsrise.org/activate
- Enter your child’s home ZIP code, date of birth, and nine-digit Student ID Number. Then click Submit.
- Fill out the Introductory Survey. Make sure to click Submit.Kindergarteners are automatically enrolled in the Program unless you choose not to participate and opt out. Look out for information from your child’s school.
2. Open a college & career savings account! (Building Block 2)
When you open your own college and career savings account and connect it to your child’s NYC Scholarship Account, NYC Kids RISE will put another $25 reward toward your child’s scholarship account! Go to our website for resources that can help you choose the account that best fits your family’s needs.
3. Contribute to your savings account (Building Block 3)
Deposit at least $5 into your connected college and career savings account and NYC Kids RISE will put another $25 reward toward your child’s NYC Scholarship Account: nyckidsrise.org/make-a-deposit
4. Receive the Savings Match!
After you complete all 3 Building Blocks, NYC Kids RISE will match the money you deposit into your first grader’s college and career savings account up to a maximum of $100. For every dollar you save, NYC Kids RISE will put a matching dollar, towards your first grader’s scholarship account: nyckidsrise.org/savings-match
- Call our hotline at 833-543-7473 for information in your language
- Send us an email at [email protected]
- Sign up for virtual Office Hours: calendly.com/elisamateosaja
- Ask questions at your school
We’re saving for your child’s future, together!