Thank you for attending a Save for College Program virtual workshop!
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Thank you for joining a Choose the Right College & Career Savings Account workshop! A savings account is a powerful tool for you, your family, and your friends to contribute to your child’s future.
Here are the next steps you can take with the Save for College Program:
1. Want your child to be enrolled in the Program? Take no action!
Kindergarteners are automatically enrolled in the Program unless you choose not to participate and opt out. Look out for information from your child’s school.
2. Watch for communications from NYC Kids RISE and your school
When your child’s NYC Scholarship Account is ready to be activated (Building Block 1), you will receive a welcome email and a welcome kit in the mail from NYC Kids RISE in early 2023. You should also be notified by your child’s school.
3. Activate & view your child’s NYC Scholarship Account in Early 2023 (Building Block 1)
Once you are notified that your child’s scholarship account is ready, you can activate & view it in 4 easy steps:
- Visit nyckidsrise.org/activate
- Enter your child’s home ZIP code, date of birth, and nine-digit Student ID Number. Then click Submit.
- Fill out the Introductory Survey. Make sure to click Submit.
After you do this, NYC Kids RISE will add $25 to the scholarship account!
4. Open a college & career savings account! (Building Block 2)
When you open your own college and career savings account and connect it to your child’s NYC Scholarship Account, NYC Kids RISE will put another $25 reward toward your child’s scholarship account! Check out our website for resources that can help you choose the account that best fits your family’s needs.
Want to keep learning about the Save for College Program?
- Check out resources in your preferred language
- Ask questions at your school
- Call our hotline at 833-543-7473 for information in your language
- Send us an email at [email protected]
We’re saving for college and career, together!