- This event has passed.
Save for College Kick-off at Ravenswood Houses
June 9, 2018, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Parents of Kindergartners:
KICK OFF THE PATH TO COLLEGE AT RAVENSWOOD HOUSES!
An ICE CREAM PARTY to kick off our partnership to save together for every child’s future
SATURDAY, June 9, 2018 • 12:00 – 2:00 PM
RAVENSWOOD HOUSES COMMUNITY CENTER
35-40 21st Street, Long Island City
NYC Kids RISE, a new nonprofit organization, has opened an NYC Scholarship Account for District 30 kindergartners with a $100 first deposit. If you are a parent of a participating kindergartner, our staff will give information on taking the next steps to earn more money for your child’s future.
By completing three easy steps – the 3 Building Blocks – you can earn up to $75 in rewards for your child’s NYC Scholarship Account.
To complete the 3 Building Blocks and earn all $75 in rewards, make sure to bring this information with you to the event:
- Your kindergartner’s report card and/or OSIS (student ID) number
- Tip: You can find your kindergartner’s OSIS number on their report card, or you can ask the Parent Coordinator at your kindergartner’s school
- Your own social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)
- Your kindergartner’s social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)
- Your and your kindergartner’s home address and zip code
- Your email address
- Your and your kindergartner’s date of birth
- Your bank account and routing number
Questions or RSVPs to 833-543-7473 | [email protected]
We can’t wait to see you there!
- – This calendar does not include training or professional development workshops for school staff or community stakeholders.
- – Workshops are added to the calendar as they become available.
- – Workshops allow participants to ask questions directly to presenters and be referred to NYC Kids RISE staff members for individual support.
- – For support with finding the right event for you, contact us via email or phone.
- – Recorded versions of past workshops are available on our YouTube channel.
Save for College Information Session
This information session introduces parents and guardians to the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program, including who is eligible to participate, how the Program works, and how parents or guardians can take foundational steps (Building Blocks) to earn rewards for their child’s college and career training.
Activate and View Your Child’s NYC Scholarship Account
Is your family ready to take the first foundational step in the Save for College Program? At this workshop, parents and guardians will learn how to activate and view their child’s NYC Scholarship Account (Building Block 1). Families will also learn about the other foundational steps of the Program (Building Block 2 and 3).
Choose the Right College and Career Savings Account
How can parents and guardians build on the money invested in their child’s NYC Scholarship Account? Join this workshop to learn about the college and career saving account options available for your child through the Save for College Program. Opening and connecting a savings account to your child’s NYC Scholarship Account is the second foundational step in the Program (Building Block 2).
Meet the College and Career Savings Experts
Are you looking for more information on how to save for your child’s college and career training? This interactive panel discussion will explain the college and career savings account options available through the Save for College Program. A financial counselor will provide tips and answer questions about how families can save.
My Kid is Going to College
How can parents and guardians plan ahead for their child’s college and career journey? This interactive workshop will introduce families to different types of college and career training, the cost of higher education, and available resources. Participants will learn how the Save for College Program fits into their child’s educational future and will be encouraged to share their own stories and experiences in order to learn from one another.