- This event has passed.
Meet the Expert at PS 151
December 13, 2018, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We wanted to make sure you knew that NYC Kids RISE will be at P.S. 151 Mary D. Carter on Thursday, December 13 for Meet the College Savings Expert
Meet with our team for one-on-one support to view your child’s NYC Scholarship Account, open your own college savings account, make a plan to save, and earn up to $175 more toward your child’s educational future.
- Thursday, December 13 | 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
- P.S. 151 Mary D. Carter
- 50-05 31st Ave, Woodside, NY 11377
About the Save for College Program:
- Join us to learn more about the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program, a scholarship and savings program for your child’s educational future.
- Your child has already received $100 in scholarship money from NYC Kids RISE. Take the next steps, and earn up to $175 more!
- Your child can use the scholarship money for college and career training, including two-year college, four-year college, and vocational and technical programs in New York and across the country.
- You do not have to deposit ANY money to open your own account.
- Click here for more information
To schedule a one-on-one appointment, call (833) 543-7473 or email [email protected]
We hope you can make it and look forward to working with you to save for your child’s educational future! Together, we’re taking small steps to big college dreams.
Your Partners at NYC Kids RISE
- – This calendar does not include training or professional development workshops for school staff or community stakeholders.
- – Workshops are added to the calendar as they become available.
- – Workshops allow participants to ask questions directly to presenters and be referred to NYC Kids RISE staff members for individual support.
- – For support with finding the right event for you, contact us via email or phone.
- – Recorded versions of past workshops are available on our YouTube channel.
Save for College Information Session
This information session introduces parents and guardians to the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program, including who is eligible to participate, how the Program works, and how parents or guardians can take foundational steps (Building Blocks) to earn rewards for their child’s college and career training.
Activate and View Your Child’s NYC Scholarship Account
Is your family ready to take the first foundational step in the Save for College Program? At this workshop, parents and guardians will learn how to activate and view their child’s NYC Scholarship Account (Building Block 1). Families will also learn about the other foundational steps of the Program (Building Block 2 and 3).
Choose the Right College and Career Savings Account
How can parents and guardians build on the money invested in their child’s NYC Scholarship Account? Join this workshop to learn about the college and career saving account options available for your child through the Save for College Program. Opening and connecting a savings account to your child’s NYC Scholarship Account is the second foundational step in the Program (Building Block 2).
Meet the College and Career Savings Experts
Are you looking for more information on how to save for your child’s college and career training? This interactive panel discussion will explain the college and career savings account options available through the Save for College Program. A financial counselor will provide tips and answer questions about how families can save.
My Kid is Going to College
How can parents and guardians plan ahead for their child’s college and career journey? This interactive workshop will introduce families to different types of college and career training, the cost of higher education, and available resources. Participants will learn how the Save for College Program fits into their child’s educational future and will be encouraged to share their own stories and experiences in order to learn from one another.