- This event has passed.
Housing Stability: Renters’ Rights & Eviction Prevention
August 20, 2020, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The financial impacts of COVID-19 pandemic are hitting our communities in different ways. We are juggling decisions around paying rent, buying food, and health care costs in the face of job loss and reduced wages. During this town hall, speakers will cover what financial support is available for rent relief, how to prioritize what bills to pay, changes in NYCHA policies around rent payment, and information about the eviction moratorium and renters’ rights.
– Vanessa Fuentes, Special Adviser to the Deputy Commissioner, NYC Department of Social Services
– Brian Honan, Vice President of the Office of Intergovernmental Relations, New York City Housing Authority
– Joel Trinidad-Santos, Community Outreach Coordinator/Tenant and Financial Counselor, Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc.
– Fernanda Urgelles, Partnership Specialist, New York Regional Center, U.S. Census Bureau
The financial impacts of COVID-19 pandemic are hitting our communities in different ways. We are juggling decisions…
- – This calendar does not include training or professional development workshops for school staff or community stakeholders.
- – Workshops are added to the calendar as they become available.
- – Workshops allow participants to ask questions directly to presenters and be referred to NYC Kids RISE staff members for individual support.
- – For support with finding the right event for you, contact us via email or phone.
- – Recorded versions of past workshops are available on our YouTube channel.
Save for College Information Session
This information session introduces parents and guardians to the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program, including who is eligible to participate, how the Program works, and how parents or guardians can take foundational steps (Building Blocks) to earn rewards for their child’s college and career training.
Activate and View Your Child’s NYC Scholarship Account
Is your family ready to take the first foundational step in the Save for College Program? At this workshop, parents and guardians will learn how to activate and view their child’s NYC Scholarship Account (Building Block 1). Families will also learn about the other foundational steps of the Program (Building Block 2 and 3).
Choose the Right College and Career Savings Account
How can parents and guardians build on the money invested in their child’s NYC Scholarship Account? Join this workshop to learn about the college and career saving account options available for your child through the Save for College Program. Opening and connecting a savings account to your child’s NYC Scholarship Account is the second foundational step in the Program (Building Block 2).
Meet the College and Career Savings Experts
Are you looking for more information on how to save for your child’s college and career training? This interactive panel discussion will explain the college and career savings account options available through the Save for College Program. A financial counselor will provide tips and answer questions about how families can save.
My Kid is Going to College
How can parents and guardians plan ahead for their child’s college and career journey? This interactive workshop will introduce families to different types of college and career training, the cost of higher education, and available resources. Participants will learn how the Save for College Program fits into their child’s educational future and will be encouraged to share their own stories and experiences in order to learn from one another.