to fulfill college dreams
for Community Members
Residents, business owners, and community organizations are key partners in the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program.
We are thrilled that District 30 has been chosen as the first school district to participate in the Save for College Program. We look forward to continuing to build this program with you. In the coming months and years, continue to visit this page for more information about the Save for College Program, opportunities to host or support program-related events, and other ways to support our community’s kids to go to college.
Together, we can take small steps to big college dreams.
NYC Kids RISE
Save for College Program
A new scholarship + savings program in District 30,
designed to make college more accessible and achievable
for all NYC public school students
College is the most direct pathway to success. This is why the non-profit NYC Kids RISE, in collaboration with the City of New York and the NYC Department of Education, has started the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program, a scholarship and savings program designed to make college more accessible and achievable for the children in your community. The Save for College Program provides families, schools, and communities with a way to work together to save for their children’s futures, and that includes all the members of the District 30 community.
All School District 30 kindergartners can participate in the Save for College Program regardless of income level or immigration status. Each eligible child automatically receives a NYC Scholarship Account with an initial contribution of $100 unless their family chooses not to participate.
How the program works
The entire community can get involved in the Save for College Program. Working with NYC Kids RISE, communities can contribute to and fundraise for the scholarship accounts of children in District 30. Community organizations can also use this platform and integrate it into their college savings and attendance discussions
Look out for more information on this page about how the District 30 community can come together to support the college savings of our kindergartners and families.
Save for College Program Participating Schools
- P.S. 002 Alfred Zimberg
- P.S. 011 Kathryn Phelan
- P.S. 017 Henry David Thoreau
- P.S. 069 Jackson Heights
- P.S. 070
- P.S. 076 William Hallet
- P.S. 78
- P.S. 084 Steinway
- P.S. 085 Judge Charles Vallone
- P.S. 092 Harry T. Stewart Sr.
- P.S. 111 Jacob Blackwell
- P.S. 112 Dutch Kills
- P.S. 122 Mamie Fay
- P.S. 127 Aerospace Science Magnet School
- P.S. 148 Queens
- P.S. 149 Christa Mcauliffe
- P.S. 150 Queens
- P.S. 151 Mary D. Carter
- P.S. 152 Gwendoline N. Alleyne School
- P.S. 166 Henry Gradstein
- P.S. 171 Peter G. Van Alst
- P.S. 212
- P.S. Q222 - Fire Fighter Christopher A. Santora School
- P.S. 228 Early Childhood Magnet School of the Arts
- P.S. 234
- P.S. 277 - The Riverview School
- P.S. 280
- P.S. 300 - The 30th Avenue School (G&T Citywide)
- P.S. 329Q - East Elmhurst Community School
- P.S. 361 - The Woodside Community School
- VOICE Charter School of New York
- Growing Up Green Charter School
- Academy of the City Charter School
- Renaissance Charter School
- Our World Neighborhood Charter School