College Savings Liaisons
As the designated College Savings Liaison* at your school, you will be instrumental in familiarizing families and school staff with the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program. This innovative public-private partnership will work through the NYC Department of Education’s agenda of Equity and Excellence for All, and the program’s goals and scope will support the work you are already doing.
To assist you in our first year of partnership, NYC Kids RISE has developed various resources, including this web page, to provide the information you need to be successful. We encourage you to continue to visit this site in the coming months of fall 2017 as we highlight stories, successes, and best practices happening in participating schools.
Drawing on the experience of other programs, we know that families are more likely to engage with the Save for College Program and begin thinking about and saving for college when
school staff convey the importance of the program and its goals. That’s why your role as a liaison between your school and NYC Kids RISE as a champion of the Save for College Program is so important.
*Each school’s College Savings Liaison is to be designated by the school’s Principal, though in district schools this Liaison will typically be the school’s Parent Coordinator.
NYC Kids RISE
Save for College Program
A new scholarship + savings program in District 30,
designed to make college more accessible and achievable
for all NYC public school students
To ensure parents/guardians and families are informed about the Save for College Program, College Savings Liaisons will:
Please see your College Savings Liaison Guide and College Savings Liaison Checklist for more details on your role in supporting the Save for College Program.
We are very grateful for your time and skills in making the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program a success.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-543-7473 to schedule an appointment. Address: Queens Library at Long Island City, 37-44 21st St, Long...
RSVP to email@example.com or 833-543-7473 to schedule an appointment. Address: Queens Library at Jackson Heights, 35-51 81st St, Jackson Heights,...
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-543-7473 to schedule an appointment and get the exact location.
Save for College Program Participating Schools
- P.S. 002 Alfred Zimberg
- P.S. 011 Kathryn Phelan
- P.S. 017 Henry David Thoreau
- P.S. 069 Jackson Heights
- P.S. 070
- P.S. 076 William Hallet
- P.S. 78
- P.S. 084 Steinway
- P.S. 085 Judge Charles Vallone
- P.S. 092 Harry T. Stewart Sr.
- P.S. 111 Jacob Blackwell
- P.S. 112 Dutch Kills
- P.S. 122 Mamie Fay
- P.S. 127 Aerospace Science Magnet School
- P.S. 148 Queens
- P.S. 149 Christa Mcauliffe
- P.S. 150 Queens
- P.S. 151 Mary D. Carter
- P.S. 152 Gwendoline N. Alleyne School
- P.S. 166 Henry Gradstein
- P.S. 171 Peter G. Van Alst
- P.S. 212
- P.S. Q222 - Fire Fighter Christopher A. Santora School
- P.S. 228 Early Childhood Magnet School of the Arts
- P.S. 234
- P.S. 277 - The Riverview School
- P.S. 280
- P.S. 300 - The 30th Avenue School (G&T Citywide)
- P.S. 329Q - East Elmhurst Community School
- P.S. 361 - The Woodside Community School
- VOICE Charter School of New York
- Growing Up Green Charter School
- Academy of the City Charter School
- Renaissance Charter School
- Our World Neighborhood Charter School