Building Block 1: Activate and View NYC Scholarship Account
Every student enrolled in the Save for College Program automatically receives an NYC Scholarship Account with an initial $100 from NYC Kids RISE, unless their family chooses not to participate by “opting-out.” You can earn more funds for your child’s NYC Scholarship Account by taking additional steps. The first step is activating and viewing the account (Building Block 1). Activate and view your child’s NYC Scholarship Account now to earn a $25 reward:
When Can I Activate My Child’s NYC Scholarship Account?
- All first grade and second grade families in the Save for College Program can now activate and view their children’s NYC Scholarship Accounts. If you’ve already activated your child’s NYC Scholarship Account, log back in to view the account.
- Parents and guardians of kindergarten students, and other eligible students who are new to the Save for College Program during the 2023-2024 school year, will be able to activate their children’s accounts in January 2024.
- Learn if your child is eligible to participate in the Save for College Program here.
What You Need to Activate
- This account is managed by NYC Kids RISE, and the money is set aside for your child’s college and career training.
- The money is invested in a NY 529 Direct Plan, a type of investment account specifically created for college and career savings that can be used for a variety of higher education expenses.
- NYC Kids RISE will allocate additional rewards to this account as you complete each of the 3 Building Blocks.
- Only NYC Kids RISE can allocate funds to this account. Community members (including local organizations and businesses) can add to the scholarship accounts of groups of students through NYC Kids RISE. More information about community scholarships here.
After you activate your child’s NYC Scholarship Account, take the next step in your Save for College Program journey.