for your child’s future
Welcome to the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program!
We created this scholarship and savings program to make college more accessible and achievable for every NYC public school student.
Taking the first steps to save for college can be the hardest part. With the Save for College Program, we have already taken the first step together.
NYC Kids RISE has automatically enrolled your child in the program. We have opened an NYC Scholarship Account for them and deposited the first $100 into it for your child’s future education. This account is invested in a 529 plan, a type of investment account specifically created to help families save for college and career training. The money in this account can be used at two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and other career training programs in New York and across the country.
Ready to take the next step?
It’s easy to get started and begin to invest
in your child’s future.
Getting StartedThere are three simple steps to start participating
in the Save for College Program:
Why start saving for college now?
Time is on your side: Starting to save for college when your child is young can make a big difference by the time your kindergartner is ready for college.
It sets your child up for success: Research shows that children with a savings account of between $1 and $500 are three times more likely to enroll in college. They are also more than four times more likely to graduate.
Higher education can cost a lot: Colleges and specialized training programs often come with big price tags.
Saving more now can mean less student debt later: Loans are part of many college financial aid packages and can take a long time to pay back.
College pays off: Students who graduate from college earn much higher salaries over their lifetimes. They are also less likely to be unemployed.
Parents/guardians and family members of District 30 kindergartners are key partners in the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program.
We are thrilled that District 30 has been chosen as the first school district to participate in the Save for College Program. We look forward to continuing to build this program with you. In the coming months and years, continue to visit this website for more information about the Save for College Program, financial education and empowerment resources, community events, success stories, and other useful information. Together, we can take small steps to big college dreams.
Save for College Program Participating Schools
- P.S. 002 Alfred Zimberg
- P.S. 011 Kathryn Phelan
- P.S. 017 Henry David Thoreau
- P.S. 069 Jackson Heights
- P.S. 070
- P.S. 076 William Hallet
- P.S. 78
- P.S. 084 Steinway
- P.S. 085 Judge Charles Vallone
- P.S. 092 Harry T. Stewart Sr.
- P.S. 111 Jacob Blackwell
- P.S. 112 Dutch Kills
- P.S. 122 Mamie Fay
- P.S. 127 Aerospace Science Magnet School
- P.S. 148 Queens
- P.S. 149 Christa Mcauliffe
- P.S. 150 Queens
- P.S. 151 Mary D. Carter
- P.S. 152 Gwendoline N. Alleyne School
- P.S. 166 Henry Gradstein
- P.S. 171 Peter G. Van Alst
- P.S. 212
- P.S. Q222 - Fire Fighter Christopher A. Santora School
- P.S. 228 Early Childhood Magnet School of the Arts
- P.S. 234
- P.S. 277 - The Riverview School
- P.S. 280
- P.S. 300 - The 30th Avenue School (G&T Citywide)
- P.S. 329Q - East Elmhurst Community School
- P.S. 361 - The Woodside Community School
- VOICE Charter School of New York
- Growing Up Green Charter School
- Academy of the City Charter School
- Renaissance Charter School
- Our World Neighborhood Charter School
- Welcome Kit Overview
- Parent Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Questions & Answers
- Welcome Kit Q&A