About the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program
Learn more about the Save for College Program and how families can participate.
- Save for College Program One Pager
- Save for College Program Journey Map
- Save for College Program Journey Planner
- Program Basics: Frequently Asked Questions
Activating and Viewing Your Child’s NYC Scholarship Account (Building Block 1)
Once your child has been enrolled, review these instructions for how to complete Building Block 1.
Opening and Connecting Your Own College Savings Account (Building Block 2)
Once your child has been enrolled, use these materials to compare your college savings account options and for instructions on how to open the account that you choose.
Making Your First Deposit (Building Block 3)
Ready to make your first deposit and complete Building Block 3? These handouts will walk you through the different ways you can make a deposit.
- How to make an online deposit into your 529 Account (Know before you get started)
- How to make an online deposit into your 529 Account (Step by Step Instructions)
- Using a Check / Money Order to Make a Deposit
- How Friends and Family Can Help You Save (Ugift) (COMING SOON!)
Read through these handouts to understand the types and costs of colleges and career training and to obtain savings tips.
Additional Save For College Program Informational Materials
Read through these materials for more in depth information about the Save for College Program and specific topics.
- Extended Frequently Asked Questions (COMING SOON!)
- Questions and Answers about Immigration Status and Documentation
- Questions and Answers for Families with Students with Disabilities
- The Save for College Program and Public Benefits (COMING SOON!)
- The Save for College Program and Impact on Future Financial Aid (COMING SOON!)
Remember to tell your child that they have a dedicated account for college and career training and complete these activities together as a way to start conversations about their educational future.
Download these materials and share them with friends and family to introduce them to the Save for College Program.